This site is powered by
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Defining the problem:
- What problems are we trying to solve? (Phil Wolf's message)
- relevant content/ easy way of finding it
- how we prevent press releases from becoming spam?
- automated filters
- connector - finding an expert in real time
- coverage of the topic (news, blogs, etc.)
- interactivity/ social space (Q&A bulletin board of questions asked)
- make discussions easy for those interested in the topic
- bloggers/ citizen journalists
Types of releases
Limitations - press releases for public companies/RegFD
Discussion: Todd Van Hoosear & Amy Gahran
- Material Information: What makes certain information more important than other information?
- Disclosure of Material [Nonpublic] Information: What is currently being required of companies in regards to disseminating material information?
- Material Alternatives: What other options exist for disseminating material information?
- Disclosure of Non-Material Information: How public companies are currently communicating non-material information to various publics
- Non-Material Alternatives: A survey of other options that exist for getting out non-material information to various publics
Template - e.g. Todd Defren's SMPR Template
Publishing/ indexing/ searching mechanisms
- hRelease - microformat (more info on microformats: Microformats.org)
- Structured Blogging
- how is SB different from microformats?
- "Microformats are a great way to define microcontent schemas. Structured Blogging then is about taking Microformats and doing something with them - focusing on end-user benefits" (source)
- Pingerati (Technorati microformat search) (about)
<< SocialMediaPressRelease.HomePage | SocialMediaPressRelease.HomePage | >>