This site is powered by
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
What you'll find in this page
- Events, analyst reports, a list of companies offering monitoring services, interviews, links to blog analytics research papers and to media coverage of blog monitoring services
What's new on this page
Social Media Analysis Blogs & Groups
What to monitor?
- Social Media Analysis Platforms for Workgroups - Social Target, by Nathan Gilliatt. Reviews of 21 software platforms, March 2010.
- The Forrester Wave™: Listening Platforms, Q1 2009 - by Suresh Vittall, with Zach Hofer-Shall, Christine Spivey Overby, Emily Bowen. Free copy from Visible Technologies.
- Guide to Social Media Analysis, 2nd edition - Social Target, by Nathan Gilliatt. Buyers guide with industry trends and profiles of 63 companies in 14 countries, August 2008.
- Brand Monitoring Vendor Product Catalog - Forrester Research. Brief descriptions of 27 vendors, June 2007.
- The Forrester Wave: Brand Monitoring, Q3 2006 - by Peter Kim, with Elana Anderson and Jennifer Joseph
Companies monitoring/measurement services?
Interviews & Demos on Social Media Measurement and Monitoring (audio & video)
- Interview with Matt Toll (Factiva Dow Jones) on Social Media Measurement - Jeremiah Owyang, PodTech, Feb. 2, 2007
- Web & Blog Analytics Research session @ AlwaysOn Media New York, Jan. 31, 2007
- in order to see the video, scroll down the page to find the session's name, then click on the AlwaysOn small logo (right side); the video will be displayed at the top of the page
- Interview with Bradley Silver, CEO of BrandIntel - Jennifer Jones, Marketing Voices, Nov. 6, 2006
- Panel discussion from Forrester's Consumer Forum - Elana Anderson and Peter Kim, Forrester; Dave Balter, BzzAgent; Jon Berry, Keller Fay; Sam Decker, BazaarVoice; Andy Sernovitz, WOMMA. October 2006
- Interview with Flemming Madsen, Onalytica - Neville Hobson, For Immediate Release, July 24, 2006
- Interview with Max Kalehoff, Marketing VP, Nielsen/Buzzmetrics - Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz, For Immediate Release, July 11, 2006
- Interview with Howard Kaushansky, President, Umbria - Eric Matson, MarketingMonger, June 26, 2006
- Interview with Biz360’s CMO, Deborah Eastman - Jennifer Jones, Marketing Voices, PodTech June 16, 2006
- Interview with Simon McDermott, CEO, Attentio - Phillipe Boremans, Conversationblog, June 7, 2006
- Interview with Peter Blackshaw, CMO, Nielsen/Buzzmetrics - Jennifer Jones, Marketing Voices, PodTech May 22, 2006
- Interview with Mark Rogers, CEO, Market Sentinel - Nicole Simone, blogexpert.com, Nov. 30, 2005
- Interview with Mark Rogers, CEO, Market Sentinel - Guillaume du Gardier, Podcast Planet, Sept. 29, 2005
Blog Analytics Research
- Analysis of Social Media course at CMU
- Syllabus with reading list and supporting materials.
- Updated schedule and course materials are on the wiki.
- AAAI 2006 Symposia on Computational Approaches to Analyzing Weblogs
- 3rd Annual Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, Edinburgh, Scotland, 2006
- 2nd Annual Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, Chiba, Japan, 2005
- 2004 Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, New York, 2004
- How To Measure Blogs And Other Consumer Generated Media And What To Do With The Data Once You Have It - by Katie Paine and Andy Lark (a paper presented at the 8th International Public Relations Research Conference, March 10-13, 2005, Miami, FL)
Notes from Past Events
Mainstream media coverage of this space
- "Hearing Aid," American Executive, August 2007
- "TNS Eyes the Next Frontier: How to Track Viral, Chatter," Advertising Age, February 26, 2007
- "Brands For The Chattering Masses," New York Times, December 17, 2006
- "Blog Buzz Helps Companies Catch Trends in the Making," Washington Post, March 3, 2006
- "Companies Mine Blogs For Market Research," Wall Street Journal, December 3, 2004