Show #621 - October 17, 2011
<< Show622Oct24 | FIRShowNotes.HomePage | Show620Oct10 >>
Call the Comment Lines - North America: +1 206 222 2803 | Europe: +44 20 3239 9082 | Skype: fircomments
| FriendFeed FIR Room: http://friendfeed.com/fir
Get the FIR iPhone app
To stay informed about occasional FIR events (eg, FIR Live), sign up for FIR Update
New Pollstream poll and results of last poll; listener survey results are coming, really; News That Fits: the global BlackBerry outage and communication: what now for RIM?; Michael Netzley reports from Singapore on opacity in a global PR deal in Malaysia, and more; Ragan promo; it's time to think about social media training; listener comments; the Media Monitoring Minute with CustomScoop; Dan York reports on iOS 5, the end of Jaiku, and more; corporate reputations are more vulnerable than ever; PR's thin skin; Pollstream promo; GaggleAmp update; music from Crooked Saint; and more.
Time Codes Here!
- 0:00 - Opening messages and comments - New Pollstream poll and results of last poll; listener survey results are coming, really
- 4:04 - News That Fits (Intro)
- 4:40 The global BlackBerry? outage and communication: what now for RIM?
- 23:08 - Michael Netzley reports from Singapore on opacity in a global PR deal in Malaysia, Occupy Wall Street protest that didn't occur in Singapore (too busy on Facebook?); Fact Based Communications in Malaysia; the internet in Thailand
- 29:00 - Ragan promo: 5th Annual Social Media for PR and Corporate Communications Conferenc; Feb 14-16, in Las Vegas
- 30:10 - It's time to think about social media training;
- Listener comments
- 40:30 - Kris Gallagher - General Community Guidelines for DePaul?'s use of social sites
- 44:39 - Heidi Miller - Related to "The Blogess" story
- 46:13 - Bernie Goldbach - Turning your Google+ into a Tumblr blog
- 46:35 - Dan York - looking for stats on podcast usage; unethical conduct at the WSJ; synching audio on SlideShare?
- 48: 56 - The Media Monitoring Minute with CustomScoop?
- 49:58 - Dan York reports on iOS 5, the new Facebook app for iPad; Google's Fall Sweep: the end of Jaiku, GoogleBuzz?, GoogleLabs?; Moms Like Me blogs were shut down (link on Delicious)
- 58:10 - Corporate reputations are more vulnerable than ever (link on Delicious)
- 1:03:35 - PR's thin skin (link on Delicious)
- 1:06:32 - Pollstream promo - 1/3 of business people have fallen asleep during a PowerPoint? presentation
- 1:07:43 - GaggleAmp? update
- 1:08:22 - Closing comments
- 1:08:53 - Closing messages
- 1:10:00 - Music from Crooked Saint: Sweating Bullets
Contributions and Comments from these Listeners
Topic Links at Delicious
Today's music: Sweating Bullets by Crooked Saint. http://www.myspace.com/crookedsaintmusic
Contributors to show notes for this show (add your name here)
- Neville Hobson
- Debi Davis